The City of Evergreen is a prime location for retail development because it is located at the center of several major thoroughfares that have significant traffic counts. The city is also the halfway travel point between Montgomery and Mobile, as well as the halfway travel point between Atlanta and New Orleans.
Other noteworthy assets in Evergreen include:
- Easy access to I-65 and surrounding communities
- Center of Regional District that includes five counties – Conecuh, Covington, Butler, Monroe, and Escambia
- Main line railroad runs through city and county centers
- Only city in Alabama history to complete simultaneously, a Comprehensive Plan, the Alabama Communities of Excellence Program Designation, and the Small Town Design Initiative
- Land and infrastructure in place for growth
- Located in one of the top hunting, fishing, and outdoor recreation areas in Alabama
For more information about available property, demographics, and other reports, contact the Evergreen-Conecuh Development Corporation at 251-578-1000.
Evergreen Gateway Information
Gateway Information Brochure (PDF). This brochure includes community information, demographics, RMP opportunity gap reports, and existing retail information.
Summary of RMP Opportunity Gap
See the above Gateway Information Brochure for more information about retail opportunities in Evergreen, including more in-depth RMP Opportunity Gap reports.
||20 Mile Drive Distance
||38 Mile Drive Distance
(Regional Shopping Destination)
|Food Service and Drinking Places
|Food and Beverage Stores (Grocery)
|Clothing and General Merchandise
|Healthcare and Personal Care
|Sporting Goods, Outdoor Recreation
|Electronic and Appliance Stores
|Specialty Food, Beer, Wine, etc.
Source: 2010 Claritas
Other helpful documnets > Retail Opportunities 2013 traffic counts, Liberty Hill MASTER PLAN
For more demographic information, visit the demographics page.
||City of Evergreen
|2010 Census Population
|2000 Census Population
|Males/Females (2010 Census)
||46.1% / 53.9%
||48.5% / 51.5%
Source: 2010 Census
|Household Income (Median)
|Expected Change in the Next 5 Years
Source: U.S. Census, 2005-2007 American Community Survey